$82,043 - $98,108 pa + super + salary packaging
Join our existing team located in Kingaroy as an AOD Counsellor Case Manager. Kingaroy is a central town located in a beautiful and diverse region, offering many services that you would expect to find in a larger town.
This is an autonomous and varied role where you’ll provide face to face and some phone counselling. You will engage and support your clients in their ongoing management, counselling, and treatment of AOD dependency and other associated factors. You’ll advocate for them, celebrate with them when they achieve their goals, and help to develop their capacity.
Working with a diverse population of clients (from ages 12 and up), you will manage your own case load of clients. You will be skilled in providing high quality assessment, counselling, and support services, using evidence-based practice principles. You will work with clients to develop, implement, and regularly review individual treatment goals. You will also know how to best engage and support dual diagnosis clients with complex mental health and AOD issues.
In this varied role, you will also undertake some outreach work to nearby towns. Developing effective long-lasting relationships with stakeholders to generate referrals for the program will see you thrive in the role.
The gross annual salary for this position is $82,043 - $98,108 per annum plus super. The salary on offer will depend on the successful candidate’s skills, knowledge, and experience.
At Lives Lived Well, we’ve been treating and supporting people whose lives are affected by alcohol and other drugs for over 50 years. We also support people with mental health and gambling concerns and those transitioning from correctional centres. We’re growing fast and building a reputation as a trusted, innovative provider, focused on clinical excellence and we’d love you to be part of it.
If you share our belief in recovery, think in a curious and critical way, and thrive on learning and change, join us, and do your best work here!
What You’ll Bring
To succeed in this role, there are some essentials you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, human services, or other related area health services discipline.
- Applied knowledge in contemporary evidence based AOD counselling practice and case management or transferrable skills such as working with clients with co-morbidity and complex trauma.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn and continue to develop your professional practice.
- Highly developed communication and community engagement skills.
- Current Australian issued Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check (e.g., Blue Card).
While not essential, we’d also love you to have:
- Experience working with clinical deterioration and dual diagnosis.
- Local knowledge of other networking services
What matters most is that you’ll live and breathe our values, which means:
- You are humble, human, and full of hope.
- You show up and share.
- You ask: Why not? And what’s next?
- You leave a positive wake.
And while you support others, we’ll support you with some great benefits, including:
- An extra five paid leave days per year to support your wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- Paid parental leave of 8 weeks.
- Regular clinical supervision, case conferencing and debriefings.
- An employee assistance program (EAP) for you and your family, including emotional, psychological, financial counselling and wellbeing services.
- Fitness Passport membership access to a wide range of gyms, pools, and fitness and leisure centres across Australia, at a discounted rate
Check out more employee benefits for you and your loved ones on our careers page.
Are you ready to imagine the possibilities? Here’s how to apply
Click ‘apply’ and go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page.
Applications close on Monday, 12 February 2024
Suitable candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, and Working with Children Check. Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.